About us 关于本刊
Editorial team 编辑团队
Honorary Editor: Stephan Feuchtwang (The London School of Economics and Political Science, UK)
Editor-in-chief: Xiangqun Chang (SOAS, University of London, UK; Fudan University, China)
Co-Editor: Daming Zhou (Sun Yat-sen University, China)
Review Editors: Keith Jackson (SOAS, University of London, UK)
Associate Editor: Matthew Wills (Peking University, China)
International Advisory Board
Statement of aims 宗旨
Journal of China in Comparative Perspective (JCCP) is the only peer-reviewed bilingual journal for social scientific studies of China in the world, published quarterly in Jan, April, July and October in both print and electronic versions, by CCPN Global from 2014.
JCCP encourages contributors to put the material about China into comparative perspective in JCCP as much as they can. JCCP will not be simply about China (there are already a large amount of excellent China journals). It will be about looking at China from a comparative viewpoint as a player in broader patterns of development, ideas, movements, networks, and systems. Comparison includes taking China as a case study of a generally applicable theory, or drawing analytic conclusions from comparative data about China and some other country or context. The comparison may be regional or global, historical or contemporary, and it may involve a comparison of perceptions, China’s perceptions of others and others’ perceptions of China in the context of China’s encounter with the outside world in the political, economic, military, and cultural sense.
JCCP publishes original multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary comparative research on China on a wide range of topics within the social and human sciences. It encourages debate, cooperation, or co-authorship on the same issue or theme from different disciplines (including politics, economics, international relations, history, sociology, anthropology, cultural psychology, methodology, among others). Its aim is to bring out the best in scholarship transcending traditional academic boundaries in an innovative manner.
《中国比较研究》（JCCP）是世界上唯一的、用社会科学研究中国的、有匿名评审的双语季刊， 于2014年起由全球中国比较研究会每年一、四、七、十月出版印刷版(ISSN 2040-0837)和电子版(ISSN 2040-0845)。
《中国比较研究》鼓励所有文章都经可能与中国比较研究相关，它不仅只是有关中国——业内已有数份有关中国研究的优秀期刊。本刊旨在从比较视野 观察中国，及其于更广范围内之发展、 理念、运动、关系和制度。比较研究包括以中国为专题案例，适用于一般性的应用理论，或从有关中国及他国或范畴之比较数据得出分析性结论。该比较可区域、可 全球，可历史、可当代，亦可为视角性的比较——中国对他者之观察及中国在政治、经济、军事、文化领域与外界接触时，他者对中国之观察。
《中 国比较研究》用于发表对当代中国进行多学科和跨学科比较研究之原创性论文，题目涵盖社会和人文科学诸多领域。本刊鼓励从不同学科的角度 （包括政治学、经济学、国际关系、历史、社会学、人类学、文化心理学及其它学科）对同一问题或专题进行辩论、合作或合著，旨在创新性地超越传统的学术界 限，以臻学问之佳境。 更多
Guidance for contributors to JCCP 作者须知
As a bilingual Journal, JCCP invites submissions of original previously unpublished articles in English, Chinese or in both languages according to the following guidelines:
- We very much encourage our Contributors to submit articles in both English and Chinese versions.
- Articles can be submitted in either English or Chinese without translation. However, we ask authors to provide a one-page Summary of approximately 500 characters in Chinese (for articles written in English) and of 500 words in English for articles written in Chinese.
- A translation service can be provided at the Contributor’s cost.
Articles and themes:
- Article submissions should be consistent with the aims of the Journal. Please read our statement of aims carefully before submitting.
- We also welcome proposals for whole issues of JCCP organised around a common theme. If accepted, the proposers of successful proposals for theme-based issues are invited to act as Guest Editors of the Journal. Note that each contribution to a specially edited themed issue will have to pass the normal reviewing process.
- We compiled a list of more than 170 titles for review. The list can be accessed here: 170 titles.
- We also welcome reviews of books and other published materials not on this list and of interest to readers of JCCP.
- If you would like to write a book review or a review essay please complete the following online form. We can then arrange the book(s) to be posted to you at the address you specify in the online form.
- The ‘guidance for contributors’ presented in this document applies both to book reviews and review essays.
作为双语期刊，<<中国比较硏究>> (JCCP) 诚邀作者根据以下的准则，提交未发表之原创的中文、英文或中英文两种版本的文章：
Subscription or order 订阅或订购
There are ways to obtain the Journal of China in Comparative Perspective:
- Complete Registration form for immediate online access to basic contents
- Pay membership fees (either individuals or institutions) for immediate online access to member protected area and you receive hard copies
- If you don’t want to pay fee you can purchase hard copies via our Online bookshop
Previously edited but not yet published issues 迟到的《中国比较研究》
Due to financial problems we were unable to publish previously edited issues when JCCP was at LSE before 2013.
Thanks to the Sun Yat-sen University of China we are now able to release a sample (download a free copy of sample issue), and publish all the previously edited issues from 2014 and continue to provide this service on a regular basis to the academic community.
Special thanks to Dr Geoffrey Gowlland and Dr Keith Jackson, the Editors of Bijiao: China in Comparative Perspective Book Review (CCPBR, ISSN: 2045-0680) for their dedication and hard work in editing the book review for 2011-12 issues, and 2013-14 issues respectivily. Thanks also to Dr Keith Jackson for his continuous commitment to be Book review Editor of Journal of China in the comparative perspective (JCCP) and get more involved in JCCP editorial work.
Our thanks also go to Dr Kent Deng, Economic History, the former Editor of CCPN publications, for his effort and support, as well as Dr Victor Teo and Dr Goncalo Santos, both former LSE Fellows for the MSc China in Comparative Perspective, and Dr Sergey Radchenko, former LSE Fellow of the History of International Relations, for their hard work in initializing JCCP and involvement in JCCP.
We would never forget Professor Stephan Feuchtwang, the former Editor-in-chief of all the CCPN publications including the working paper series and Bijiao: China in Comparative Perspective (ISSN 2043-0434) for his dedication and valued advice for laying the foundation of CCPN publications and his commitment in helping book reviews of JCCP in the future.
Although both the working paper series and and book (CCPBR) review will be discontinued as separate publications from 2014 and 2015 respectively, selected review pieces, essays and working papers will be made available in JCCP from 2014.
我 们永远不会忘记王斯福教授，CCPN所有出版物前主编辑，包括《比较：中国比较研究书评》(ISSN2043-0434) 和工作文件系列(ISSN: 2043-0434), 感谢他创办和编辑《中国比较研究》的献身精神、为奠定《中国比较研究》基础的宝贵建议，以及对以后《中国比较研究》书评部分继续工作的承诺。
© CCPN Global 2013 版 权: 全球中国比较研究会. All rights reserved. Apart from fair dealing for the purposes of research or private study, or criticism or review, as permitted under the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored or transmitted by any means without the prior written permission of the Publisher, or in accordance with the terms of photocopying licenses issued by the organizations authorized by the Publisher to administer reprographic reproduction rights. Authorization to photocopy items for educational classroom use is granted by the Publisher provided the appropriate fee is paid directly to the Copyright Clearance Center, 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923, USA from whom clearance should be obtained in advance.
ISSN 2040-0837(Print 印刷版); ISSN 2040-0845 (Online 电子版)
English proofreading 英文校对: Helen Birkbeck Language & Editorial Services
Cover design 封面设计: Jonathan Ing, Design Unit, The London School of Economics and Political Science; reprographics by Mark Lee
Typeset 排版: ChineseTypesetting.com
Print and bound 印刷装订: Lightning source, the global leader in print on demand and distribution services. UK Ltd., Milton Keynes
Distribution 发行: Ingram Content Group Inc.